Fever Screening at ISC Erbil
Prevention is the best defence against illness. The school will take every measure necessary to protect our students against illness, especially the Novel Corona Virus (2019-nCoV). It is important to check your child’s temperature regularly and take precautions in guarding against illness. As a school, we will also be checking student temperatures daily and will continue to follow a rigorous cleaning regiment including:
- Checking all students and visitors’ temperatures daily as they enter the school.
- Cleaning and disinfecting classrooms before and after school.
- Cleaning and disinfecting classrooms during breakfast and lunch.
- Cleaning and disinfecting school buses in the morning and afternoon.
- Disinfecting door handles and high contact surfaces.
- Maintaining sanitizer stations in each hallway for student and staff use.
Remember to discuss the below measures with your children:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer after coughing or sneezing, before eating, and after using the bathroom
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover nose or mouth with tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Throw tissues into the trash after use
- Avoid close contact with anyone experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms
Parents are kindly requested to keep your child home if they have a fever and to consider sending your child with a protective face mask.
The school will check students, staff, and parents for fever. Anyone detected with a fever will be sent home. Students that develop fevers will be sent to the nurse’s office. The nurses will confirm the fever and then send the child home if confirmed.
Please inform your children and understand that being sent home for fever does not mean that the person has the Novel Corona Virus (2019-nCoV). It could be a symptom of any normal illness. This is just a precaution to protect everyone’s children.